Jul 30, 2010

Prarrie Doggin it!

 Back in basic training in Fort Lenard-wood (Fort Lost-In-The-Woods), Missouri our drill sergeants told us that they had killed about nine copper head snakes that morning and we were to be low crawling around in that same area later that day, so all I thought was shit, man if I come face to face with a poisonous snake I’ll just shit myself.
We had these harnesses on, that were similar to the ones worn with the famous game Laser-Tag. They marched us (the soldiers in training) down into the pit filled with tall grass, trees, and obviously fucking copperhead snakes. The drill sergeants and officers start off by standing on the hills and shooting down at us, (now everyone has blanks) and as soon as this started we all ran and hide behind the trees and shot back. Next the DS's (Drill Sergeants, yes for once I'm going text style) were standing out and getting popped all day but they never walk away its more focused on us, and if we get hit we have to do some insane sort of exercise that punishes us for getting hit. Now there is this rope that is stretched between two trees and we have to get passed this without getting hit and they are picking people off who get close to it.
So I cunningly made it pretty close to the line and the DS's shot at other people I would work my way up, but I could see one of them constantly watching my progress so I knew I would get more attention the closer I got. There was a few others that have tried but got plugged and I ain't going out like that plus I have a sudden problem! I am prairie dogging! If you haven’t seen the movie Rat Race, I’ll further explain like this and I really want you to do this, slide your tongue out of your mouth and pull it back a few times. Well yeah that’s what I was doing due to the M.R.E.’s they fed us earlier. M.R.E.’s are meals ready to eat, dehydrated food with their own heating source, well being that they are dehydrated this cause one to have a huge amount of gas. Well I could feel this extreme pushing and I was trying to reel it back, get it? Kind of like when you can’t get that pen to write and you keep clicking on it thinking that if it goes back inside and comes back out it will write better. It’s almost to the point where I need to hold the bottom of my pants like some 4 year old who just made a mistake. During this time, I notice that I'm not the only one with this issue, one of my fellow comrades fixed his situation, he simply popped a squat and took a dump right out there in the middle of everything but I wasn't showing my ass to no one.

So my time is running out and the officer kept his eying me. So the time is now or never and I looked down the line and see two other soldiers trying to go and it gets his attention and then I make my break for it, and its almost as if hell let them go just to keep me back, because they easily made it over the line and he continued his sights on me, it must have been my wise crack about how he looked like a 14 year old boy, anyway so I just back and grit my teeth because the pressure is getting intense. One cat was some cracking jokes and they were painfully funny but I can’t laugh for fear of them seeing me grow a tail. If you could have seen my face of determination I had you would probably pissed your pants laughing at me. So I turn around and to see the officers attention switch to someone else so I start running and the officer turns around with a smile like he was baiting me, and starts shooting and I am too far to turn back so I grit my teeth even more and the line is getting closer and closer. From two feet away from the rope I leap in the air with my rifle in my hands and do a roll and keep running. I can faintly hear the officer's voice as he was trying to tell me I did a good job because he didn’t shoot me and if he were in earshot he would have heard my response. 

No comments: