Oct 13, 2010

The Tale I told him




One afternoon before going to my nephews birthday party, I'm taking my four year old son to the store for a birthday present. We go through the usual isles with toys and after a while of reminding this cat that we are there to pick toys for his cousin and not himself, we finally nab a few and leave. Once back in the truck, he asks, “Why do the doors lock by themselves?” Now I could have simply answered his question but I thought what fun would that be, when I could give him some of my imaginary stories on the spot. So I launch into this long detailed funny, quirky explanation.

I tell him that the truck that we are in is actually a transformer, much like the ones in the movies. I tell him that this one is one of the good ones, and when he goes to bed, this auto-bot and I take out in outer-space to fight those deceptacons. I tell him that sometimes after victories we goto the moon and I roll down the window, and I'd swipe some of the moon in my hand since you know that the moon is made of cheese, and I eat it. Next I tell him that this special moon cheese gives me such awesome gas that when I fart from eating it, I make explosive rainbows, (coincidentally is our nickname for farts now, even my daughter says this) By now he has this huge smirk on his face and I hear him say, “Nuh uh Dad!” This being a goofy dad is some awesome thing. I love how my kids don't buy all of the things I just say out of the side of my mouth.



No comments: